The NPUAP invites you to submit an abstract for a poster presentation at the 14th Biennial Conference. Proposals for high quality posters will be considered in 4 areas: Pressure Ulcer Clinical Research, Pressure Ulcer Laboratory Research, Case Series/Case Studies, and Information/Educational Report. Poster abstracts will be evaluated through a blind process. Accepted abstracts will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Awards will be presented in the following categories: Young Investigator (within 5 years of degree), First –Time Presenter at NPUAP Conferences, Overall Contribution to the Field. Please enter your abstract below.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Please limit abstracts to 300 words or less.
- Abstracts are brief summaries of the research conducted.
- Abstracts should contain a purpose, methods, results, and conclusion. Instead of stating that “results will be presented…”, state the results.
This is a blind review process, so please make sure that neither author(s) name(s) nor facility affiliation(s) appear in the abstract body text. References: References are optional but encouraged. Please limit references to the 10 most pertinent citations. Each abstract will be blind, peer-reviewed by judges who are experts in the field. Each abstract will be reviewed based on specific criteria for the category in which it is placed. Therefore, it is very important for the author to specify in which category the abstract should be entered. The 4 categories are: Clinical Research, Laboratory Research, Case Series/Study, and Information/Educational Report. Poster Abstract Presentations Posters are typically displayed on 4′ high x 8′ wide bulletin boards. Presenters must bring their own tacks or mounting supplies. Handouts may be distributed. Audio-visual equipment will not be available for poster presentations.
- Abstracts to be published in conference proceedings.
- The 4 winning posters for Guideline Implementation will be invited to present a brief oral summary of their poster in the General Session.
- Poster abstract submission deadline: October 1, 2014
- Notification deadline: November 1, 2014
- Posters need to be setup by Thursday, February 19 or Friday morning, February 20 BEFORE exhibit hours begin at 10:30 AM on Friday.
- Authors please be present at your posters during the Friday, February 20 afternoon break, 2:15‑3:15 PM.
- Posters will be removed at the end of exhibit hours, Saturday, February 21, 1:15 ‑ 4:00 PM.
- Awards will be presented on Saturday, February 21.