The NPUAP has developed NEW illustrations of the stages of pressure injuries.
These illustrations can be downloaded by clicking on the links below directly to your computer at no cost, if for educational purposes. There is also a normal Caucasian and Non-Cauasian skin illustration for reference.
There is no cost to use these illustrations; however donations to support the work of NPUAP are graciously accepted. For profit uses of the drawings are subject to a charge, please contact Jen Bank for more information.
**Use of drawings is permitted for educational purposes only.
The use of NPUAP material does not imply endorsement of products or programs associated with the use of the material.
NPUAP Free Resource Staging Illustrations:
- Healthy skin – Lightly Pigmented
- Healthy skin – Darkly Pigmented
- Stage 1 Pressure Injury – Lightly Pigmented
- Stage 1 Pressure Injury – Edema
- Stage 1 Pressure Injury – Darkly Pigmented
- Blanchable vs Non-Blanchable
- Stage 2 Pressure Injury
- Stage 3 Pressure Injury
- Stage 3 Pressure Injury with Epibole
- Stage 4 Pressure Injury
- Deep Tissue Pressure Injury
- Unstageable Pressure Injury – Dark Eschar
- Unstageable Pressure Injury – Slough & Eschar
- Mucous Membrane