The National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP) serves as the authoritative voice for improved patient outcomes in pressure ulcer prevention and treatment through public policy, education and research.
- The NPUAP, EPUAP and Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance (PPPIA) have worked in collaboration to develop a new pressure ulcer prevention and treatment clinical guideline. The intent of the collaboration is to advance international consensus in pressure ulcer prevention and management.
- NPUAP and EPUAP. Prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers: clinical practice guideline accepted by the National Guideline Clearinghouse at guidelines.gov site.
- Numerous White Papers and Position Statements
- March 10-11, 2017 – New Orleans, LA
Public Policy Initiatives
- Response to Competitive Bidding for Seating and Group 2 Support Surfaces
- Developing white papers on the following topics:
- Pressure ulcer recidivism
- Pressure vs. Diabetic foot ulcer
- Ongoing work with CMS on the MDS document
- Webinars on a variety of topics
- Downloadable Slide Sets based on the 2009 NPUAP-EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Guidelines
- Pressure ulcer image library
- Pressure Ulcer Reference Database
- Support Surface Standards Initiative (S3I)